domain admin in tng-alpha0.14

Jamie ffolliott jffolliott at home.com
Mon Mar 13 17:30:49 GMT 2000

With this config for a Domain Administrator,

localgroup.map:
wheel=BUILTIN\Administrators
domainuser.map:
adm="Domain Admins"
root=Administrator
(as per the ntdom faq)

I login as 'root', and NT generates the roaming profile as if I were the
'root' user (stored in winnt\profiles\root).  ctrl-alt-del shows that I'm
logged in as root.  On the start menu, it shows "Log off Administrator".
When I logout, samba saves the roaming profile to
/home/profiles/Administrator.  Is there any way to fool NT into thinking
that I'm really the "Administrator" ?

More importantly, I don't get local Administrative rights with the above
config, so the BUILTIN\Administrators group doesn't seem to be effective.

Has the configuration changed, or do you want some level 100 logs Luke?

Jamie