TNG 0.14 - Administrator/Domain Admin/profile issues...

Michael Breuer mbreuer at siac.com
Mon Mar 13 17:09:55 GMT 2000

1) I can't run usrmgr:

    As myself (in Administrators and Domain Admin) group: invalid password (even though I'm already logged into the domain.  The log
files confirm that samba rejects the password (I believe someone else has also reported this).

    As "root" I get a "overlapped I/O" message. (Unless I log in as root first, in which case I just get "access denied.")

    As "Administrator" I get "The stub received bad data." [Note: this is also true when I attempt to log on from W2K to the domain
as "Administrator."]

2) Does anyone know how to configure group domain policy using Samba TNG?  Specifically, when I log into the domain from a laptop
(running W2K) which is offline, I'm told I can't access the domain... period.  When I connect the laptop to a W2K PDC, I am able to
log in to the domain and use my cached profile when the network is disconnected.  I assume that there is a setting for this at
thedomain level, but I haven't a) found it and b) know where to put it if I did.

3) The above aside, TNG 14 is a vast improvement.  Profiles are now working correctly (for me) and speed seems improved.