NT 4 in domain won't allow login

Sean E. Millichamp sean at compu-aid.com
Sat Mar 11 18:36:39 GMT 2000

I have finally gotten around to installing TNG.  I am trying to get NT to
login to my TNG PDC but am having some difficulty.

I currently have two user accounts and one machine account.  They are in
/etc/passwd and smbpasswd.  I (apparently) successfully joined the domain
from NT.

At the login box I try logging in as root or the other user and I get the
message: "The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon
interactively"

I load up the User Manager for Domains and try to select my domain and get
"The specified network password is not correct."  Which password is that?
My machine account password?

I feel that there is some option I could grant to the domain users in
order to let them login if I could get into the User Manager.  It *has*
worked before but it's been sporratic and I'm not sure what I do to get it
to actually talk to the PDC.

I scanned the archives and I don't seem the be the only one with similar
problems but OTOH, I didn't see any solutions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Sean

BTW: The TNG version I'm using was obtained from CVS about 4 hours ago.