[samba-tng] "invalid users = root" causes tng to fail.

Karl Denninger karl at Denninger.Net
Sat Mar 11 00:42:37 GMT 2000

"valid users = root" does NOT have to be there.

Its NOT in my smb.conf, and TNG now DOES work.

However, the "invalid users = root" line in the global section WILL screw
you.  That's what was screwing me (Luke and I finally figured it out).

BTW, Win98 is quite slow (delays of ~10 seconds or so) validating against
TNG.  Win2k is almost immediate.  Win98 is NOT slow validating against
2.0.6.

Karl Denninger (karl at denninger.net)  Web: http://childrens-justice.org
Isn't it time we started putting KIDS first?  See the above URL for
a plan to do exactly that!