NMBLOOKUP correction

Ondrej Hanak hanak at IRIS.osu.cz
Fri Mar 10 14:16:08 GMT 2000

I think that my problem is, that Win9x and WinNT works. can't correctly
works with WINS server as domain master browser.

You know, when master browser registered with WINS server is not samba or
WinNT Server, then WINS server fails for this query:
nmblookup -U wins_server_ip -R name#1b
even with ' '.
When i query workgroup (domain), where samba (as master browser) or WinNT
Server exists, then response is the ip_address of master browser computer.

Is this my theory o.k.?
O.H.