Login to domain still failing ...

ccoupal at justice.gov.sk.ca ccoupal at justice.gov.sk.ca
Thu Mar 9 14:59:08 GMT 2000

I have quite a bit of experience with NT, and I thought I would confirm the
following:

If a connection attempt is made to an NT machine, the username is
authenticated as such:

1)	check the PDC (NT Domain) for an account which matches,   if found,
authenticate. if authentication fails, continue else break with succes. If
not found, continue.
2)	check all PDC of trusted domains for an account which matches, if
found, authenticate. if authentication fails, continue else break with
succes. If not found, continue.
3)	loop 2 until all trusted PDC are tried
4)	check local SAM database for an account which matches, if found,
authenticate. if authentication fails, continue else break with succes. If
not found, continue.
5)	stop with authentication failure