Joining a domain with TNG cvs from 8th March

James F. Hranicky jfh at cise.ufl.edu
Wed Mar 8 15:26:20 GMT 2000

Tom Crummey <tom at ee.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> As, yesterday, I can joun the domain on NT4 SP6, but when I try to log
> in I get the error message that the computer's domain account is missing
> or the password is wrong.
>
> The logs again reveal the fact that the credentials don't match.
>
> Has anyone else with a Solaris server got this to work today?

I'm experiencing the same problems on Solaris 2.6, with tng-a11.

I also am unable (after logging into the local machine as Admin) to use
"Map Network Drive" to mount a share from my Samba PDC (domain SAMBA) with
the following info:

	Drive: 		J:
	Share: 		\\PDC\user
     -> Connect As: 	user
	Pass:		userpass

*however*, I am able to mount a share from my Samba PDC with this info:

	Drive:		J:
	Share:		\\PDC\user
     -> Connect As:	SAMBA\user
	Pass:		userpass

When I prepend the domain name ("SAMBA\") to the username, I can
successfully mount up the share.

I got the idea for trying this after I compared the snoop output of
a successful smbclient mount with an attempted mount from the NT4.0 client,
and noticed that the smbclient mount appeared to qualify the username
with "SAMBA\" , and the mount from the NT box did not.

| Jim Hranicky, Senior SysAdmin                   UF/CISE Department |
| E314D CSE Building                            Phone (352) 392-1499 |
| jfh at cise.ufl.edu                      http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~jfh |