TNG no longer works ...

Anthony Brock abrock at georgefox.edu
Tue Mar 7 16:44:30 GMT 2000

I have a small network of about 4 machines, with one Linux RedHat 6.1
Server running samba CVS from last Saturday.  Since upgrading, the NT
Workstation (4.0 SP 6a) slowed to a crawl (it took about 10 minutes just to
login).  In desperation, I decided to rebuild the domain from scratch.

So I removed the NT Workstations from the domain, and then scratched
everything but my smb.conf file.  I reinstalled, and restored the smb.conf
file.  I then re-joined the domain with the NT Workstation, which worked
perfectly.  However, all attempts to login to the domain now fail.  I get
back a messages stating that I have used an incorrect password.  However,
the same username and password works on the Samba server when using
rpcclient.  The good news is that speed is back to normal, though I can't
access any resources on the network now ... :/

Any clues?  Tonight, when I get home, I am going to download the latest CVS
to see if this makes a difference.

Tony