Domain unavailable

Johan Hedin johanh at fusion.kth.se
Tue Mar 7 13:41:24 GMT 2000

> On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Johan Hedin wrote:
>
> > We have the same problem since a few days. We run current versions
> > (updated today) och samba pre-3.0.0 smbd and nmbd and other daemons from
> > Samba TNG. Also browsing is broken. All the shares are there but named
>
> All works with pure TNG branch, but the combination of pre-3.0.0 smbd and
> nmbd give the behaviour above at our setup.

Could this be a unicode problem? Running todays CVS version of pre-3.0.0
as a stand alone server (No PDC) with a NT4sp6 client does not work. I see
the files, but can not open one. Browsing says access denied. Combining
with TNG gives the same result. One guess is that this is since som fixes
in ntrans.c. Do I have to create a unicode map or do anything else in
order to get this work. Is TNG + pre-3.0.0 the prefered way of running, or
is it better to have a pre-3.0.0 for file access and an extra TNG as PDC?

/Johan Hedin

| Johan Hedin                      | johanh at fusion.kth.se             |
| Ph.D. Student and System Manager | http://www.fusion.kth.se/~johanh |