network recycle bin

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Tue Mar 7 10:44:09 GMT 2000

[Lars Kneschke]
> Wow! This was really simple! If you know where to look! :-)

Relatively speaking, yes.  For me, it wasn't so easy -- I've never
really hacked on Samba much before so I had to figure everything out
from the beginning.  I learned a lot about the Samba string-handling
functions, for example....

> Very nice. This is a very nice feature.

Thanks.

> Can some of the "samba-guru's" think about integrating this in samba
> for ever? This would be a very big plus for samba.

Don't anyone start thinking about it yet, of course!  As soon as I add
in a hierarchical namespace and (possibly) the ability to cross mount
points, I think I'll be satisfied.  (A little error handling might be
nice, too. (: )  I just got tired of hacking on it for tonight....

Peter