network recycle bin

Lars Kneschke lars at kneschke.de
Tue Mar 7 10:19:42 GMT 2000

Peter Samuelson wrote:

> [Carey Sinclair]
> > Yes, surely this would be relatively simply to patch into the Samba
> > code.  I too, would be very eager if this facility was available.
>
> I don't feel like I need such a feature, but it sounded like fun.  And
> I wanted a break from doing the work I'm supposed to be doing right
> now.  Besides, as you reassured us, it's "relatively simple".
>
> Well, "relatively simple" turns out to be in the eye of the beholder.
> In my case, as a relative Samba-hacking newbie, the first cut has taken
> several hours.  But the patch below is functional (if barely so) at
> least at my end.  It is NOT well-tested -- minimally and against NT
> only.  Please test!
Wow! This was really simple! If you know where to look! :-)
But the code is not so complex, like i had expected. Very nice. This is
a very nice feature.
Can some of the "samba-guru's" think about integrating this in samba for
ever? This would be a very big plus for samba.

Cu
--
Watch our projects at http://www.kneschke.de/projekte!
GGI-TV, KSamba, PXTools, Samba TNG FAQ, myWebalizer