Fwd: Re: NetLogon Service

Brian Keats bkeats at spiff.chin.gc.ca
Mon Mar 6 18:22:22 GMT 2000

Actually, it works fine with the validation portion (when set with
security=domain, domain logon=yes, password server = [NT PDC name]).  It
validates users (on client machines behind the firewall) and also those clients
can map drives on the NT domain, etc ...

Also, I thought  if I set up the SAMBA machine to be a PDC of its own domain a
one way trust relationship from SAMBA to the NT domain would be perfect as I
would want to trust that domain, but I wouldn't necessarily want the NT domain
to trust my domain.  I thought this was part of the strength of the NT domain
trust relationship ideology. I.E. Both parties have to agree for users of both
domains to have access to each others domains but users of one domain can be
trusted in the other domain with the opposite being true. (I believe this
changes with the domain model in Win 2000 though).

Anyway, it's an interesting pickle, if I could only get it the netlogon portion
work !  Thanks for your insight so far Phil.  I'll keep trying different things
and if I ever get this to work the way I want it to I'll let you know.  In the
meantime, I willing to try any other suggestions you might have ....