(more) TNG questions

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at cu-portland.edu
Mon Mar 6 04:02:45 GMT 2000

After removing login script = login.bat from smb.conf, win98 was able to
log in just fine.  However, now I'm trying to install NT server.  I
created a *nix user vm_nt_serv, then ran 'smbpasswd -a vm_nt_serv' and
left the password blank.  I've got the NT server install up to the point
where it's trying to either join a Domain, or just be a part of a
workgroup.  I installed as a stand-alone, just for now.  When I try to
add it to my domain, I get "unable to connect to the domain controller
for this domain.  Have your administrator check your computer account on
the domain."   Or, when I check the little box saying "create a computer
account in the domain", and I use root as the username/password, I get
"The machine account for this computer either does not exist, or is
inaccessable."  I've tacked on my my log.nmb again, but I suspect that
this is another PEBCAK (problem exists between chair and keyboard), and
not something wrong with samba.
	Greg