Nt4.0 clients will not connect to Samba-tng PDC

Lars Kneschke lars at kneschke.de
Sun Mar 5 21:56:11 GMT 2000

Keith Davey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've set up a SAMBA-TNG PDC. Everything works fine with win98/95 and
> Unix based samba
> logins.
>
> However all my NT  workstation client refuse to join. They respond "the
> system cannot log you on to this domain because the
> system's computer account in its primary domain is missing or the
> password
> on that account is incorrect".
>
> I am using SAMEDIT to create the machine accounts as the -m switch in
> smbpasswd is disabled.
This is a bug in the current samba tng. I don't what it is, and i have
no Windows NT at home. But other people have also this problem. It was
working for me, but after restarting the daemons it want not work
anymore.

Cu
--
Watch our projects at http://www.kneschke.de/projekte!
GGI-TV, KSamba, PXTools, Samba TNG FAQ, myWebalizer