Ideas

Michael Glauche mg at plum.de
Sun Mar 5 00:35:51 GMT 2000

Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Tracey Maru wrote:
>
> > This might be out of place but I have a problem that I think samba can solve
> > but IM not sure.  I want to validate incoming smtp and pop3 services in
> > linux against an NT4sp4 PDC.  Any ideas.
>
> pop3 easy: get a PAMaware pop3 server and pam_ntdom.
> incoming smtp ? you mean checking the final recepient ?
>
>         J.F.

by smtp he problably means SMTP AUTH and/or LOGIN support.
Both are possible with the latest sendmail beta and the cyrus SASL

I think it should be possible .. because SASL can be configured to
configure against PAM. But beware .. the SASL documentation out there
is even much more rare than the cyrus imapd documentation :)))

(p.s. for those who don't know smtp auth: you "login" to an smtp
server to permit relaying ... :)

regards,
   Michael