smbwrapper on freebsd

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Fri Mar 3 18:27:12 GMT 2000

When attempting to compile --with-smbwrapper on FreeBsd I get

Linking bin/smbsh
Compiling smbwrapper/smbw.c with -fpic
smbwrapper/smbw.c: In function `smbw_server':
smbwrapper/smbw.c:434: too many arguments to function `make_nmb_name'
smbwrapper/smbw.c:435: too many arguments to function `make_nmb_name'
smbwrapper/smbw.c:479: too many arguments to function `make_nmb_name'
*** Error code 1

This is pre-3.0 Samba...  Any pointers?  Smbtar seems broken when I
attempt to use it, and the tar option in smbclient make an empty tarball.
Any pointers on getting smbtar to work?  My hope was to get smbwrapper
working and then use it to read an smbfile server and create tarballs.

David Bear
College of Public Programs/ASU
A word is just two nibbles and a byte...