Russel H. Ingram ringram at acpl.lib.wy.us
Thu Mar 2 14:45:03 GMT 2000

Jim Faria wrote:

> Has anbody seen an implementation of ssh or telnet that uses PAM I'd like NT
> to authenicate users logging in to UNIX using ssh. I know telnet works, but
> the password goes clear text from the client to the PAM-NTDOM code, THEN it
> is encryppted and sent to NT for authentication. I'm looking for a secure
> login to UNIX. Any ideas ?

If you are just looking for a good free ssh client that will run on a
WinNT machine, I use Tera Term SSH.  I don't know about the PAM-NTDOM
part of it, but if all you need is the functionality that the Windows
telnet program gives plus secure shell support, Tera Term SSH is what
you need.  You should be able to find it on freshmeat.net or tucows.com.

--
Russel Ingram           |  Computers are like air conditioners: They
stop