Problems joining a domain with a Samba-TNG PDC

Elrond Elrond at Wunder-Nett.org
Thu Mar 2 14:08:52 GMT 2000

On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 04:26:52PM +1100, Paul Kennedy wrote:
> I tried this suggestion, but the problem persists. From the message tot he list
> over the last few days, quite a few people (everyone ?) building from the tip
> of the SAMBA_TNG branch are experiencing this inability to login to a domain
> from an NT workstation.
>
> Pk.

Okay, the other thing, that worked this morning (but with
an older TNG...):
- rpcclient -S . -U root%
    createuser ntws$
    samuserset ntws$ -p ntws
- go to network-control-panel
- Choose domain, enter domain-name.
- _don't_ use the "create trust-account" check-box.

Yes... This is insecure. (But how secure is the other
method... and how secure is whole thing anyway?)

    Elrond