Problems joining a domain with a Samba-TNG PDC

Lars Kneschke lk at netuse.de
Thu Mar 2 07:54:26 GMT 2000

Richard Ham wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After catching up with the list archives and list traffic, it seems no one
> is having the simple problem of just creating the trust account any more -
> except for me?
>
> I am running last nights version of the TNG branch, and am getting the
> following type of dialog with rpcclient when I try to create a trust account
> for a NT WKS named calnet2 :
>
>     /usr/local/samba/bin/rpcclient -S . -U root -l log
>     Enter Password:
>     [root at .]$ createuser calnet2$
>     createuser calnet2$
>     please use 'lsaquery' first, to ascertain the SID
>     [root at .]$ lsaquery
>     lsaquery
>     [root at .]$ createuser calnet2$
>     createuser calnet2$
>     please use 'lsaquery' first, to ascertain the SID
>     [root at .]$ quit
>     quit
You don't have the latest samba tng code. The current cvs code
doesn't need to do "lsaquery" anymore.
Please delete your local samba tng source tree and follow

http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/faq/installation_tng.php3

and then

http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/faq/configuration.php3

After that you should have a working Samba TNG. If all goes well!
:-)

Cu
--
Lars Kneschke