Problems joining a domain with a Samba-TNG PDC

Richard Ham richard at caloundra.net
Thu Mar 2 07:36:31 GMT 2000

Hello,

After catching up with the list archives and list traffic, it seems no one
is having the simple problem of just creating the trust account any more -
except for me?

I am running last nights version of the TNG branch, and am getting the
following type of dialog with rpcclient when I try to create a trust account
for a NT WKS named calnet2 :

    /usr/local/samba/bin/rpcclient -S . -U root -l log
    Enter Password:
    [root at .]$ createuser calnet2$
    createuser calnet2$
    please use 'lsaquery' first, to ascertain the SID
    [root at .]$ lsaquery
    lsaquery
    [root at .]$ createuser calnet2$
    createuser calnet2$
    please use 'lsaquery' first, to ascertain the SID
    [root at .]$ quit
    quit

So then I try this :

    [root at coastal /tmp]# /usr/local/samba/bin/rpcclient -S coastal -U
root -l log
    Enter Password:
    [root at COASTAL]$ createuser calnet2$
    createuser calnet2$
    SAM Create Domain User
    Domain:  Name: calnet2$ ACB: [W          ]
    Create Domain User: FAILED
    [root at COASTAL]$

It seems that it just can't get over the fact that /tmp/.sam.0/agent doesn't
exist......

Have I missed something important or am I just stupid??

Regards,

Richard