pdc support

Lars Kneschke lk at netuse.de
Thu Mar 2 06:36:35 GMT 2000

Hayden Wimmer wrote:

> i am not as far along as most of you but  i have some ?'s
>
> we would like to move our file servers from novell to linux, as well as our
> sun mail server to linux / sendmail, we also have a need for an nt domain.
> we need to eliminate logins.
> will a samba pdc authenticate users for our
> other nt servers.
Yes.

> we dont need it to do much more than allow network
> browsing and logins for users.
Works.

> otherwise, i need accounts (nis) for linux
> and NT and then map them together ???
Yes.

But be aware that samba tng is yet alpha software. One day it
works one day later something is broken. But when it works, it
works. You will need some testing, before you can use it.
To find out more about samba tng, you can have a look at my
homepage at http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng

Cu
--
Lars Kneschke