Linux as an NT Client

Thien Vu thien_vu at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 1 18:14:33 GMT 2000

It depends on what you will be using on the Linux platform. In our office,
Samba will be the main mechanism for authentication until we move to
something like LDAP. We achieve this for our WinNT workstations and Linux
workstations. For our Linux boxes, we will be doing authentication through
pam_smb (which can be obtained in a similar manner to Samba through cvs) and
probably will be mounting home directories through a logon script and
smbmount or some other network fs mechanism. We will "pamify" other services
such as sshd and apache so that most of the authentication on Linux will be
filtered into PAM.

Thien Vu