NetLogon Service

Brian Keats bkeats at spiff.chin.gc.ca
Wed Mar 1 16:42:35 GMT 2000

Hi,
	I realize this might not be the best place to post this message but it
sure seems like there are a lot of knowledgable people on this list.  I am
currently using 2.05 as a member of an NT domain, with security = domain, to
process domain logons for a handfull of Win95 machines.  The current setup
works great for performing the logon service except that the NetLogon service
doesn't work the way I was expecting it to.  This is just my assumption on the
NT NetLogon service, but I assume during the process it passes along the
netlogon batch file (for the sake of a better term) to the requesting client to
process. I.E. %u.bat, or whatever.  I also assume that the correct batch file
to pass along to the client is stored with username on the NT PDC/BDC's.
Currently, users being validated by my samba server at not passed along this
batch file, but are validated on the domain. I can issue a 'net use' command on
the client with success.  Is this a limitation of ver 2.05 and is handled by
TNG or a later version of samba ?  Anyone have any further insight as to how
the netlogon service works, or any suggestions as to what I should try ?

Regards in advance
Brian Keats

P.S.	Good luck with your holiday and new job Luke !