Problems joining a domain with a Samba-TNG PDC

Elrond Elrond at Wunder-Nett.org
Wed Mar 1 16:18:53 GMT 2000

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 09:42:31AM +1100, Paul Kennedy wrote:
[...]
> After rebooting paulpc, I try to logon to the domain Airius and fail. The
> message dialog which pops up says "The system cannot log you on to this
> domain because the systems computer account in it's primary domain is
> missing or the password on that account is incorrect".

[...]

I got this too for a while (without ldap).
The current best workarround, I know, is:
- remove all reference to paulpc$ from ldap
- give root a password in samba maybe like:
  samedit -S . -U root%
  createuser root -p pass
- (possible checking of that with smbclient...)
- use the create machine trust account checkbox in the join
  dialog.

Hope, that helps a bit.

    Elrond