Behavior of roaming profiles

Roman, James (J.D.) jroman6 at ford.com
Wed Mar 1 13:53:25 GMT 2000

Not that this is much help, but we also have had the same problem, but not
necessarily when switching domains.  The same problem can happen using
Novell servers for storage of roaming profiles.  (We actually hoped that the
problem would be resolved by going to Samba).  Currently we are using NT4
Workstations and a Samba 2.0.6 server.  The only solution we have is
deleting the roaming profile off the server and then, while logged on as
administrator, deleting the entire profile out of the WINNT\profiles
directory.  As best as we can tell, it is due to problems shutting down the
computer and saving the profile to the server.  We have suggested to users
that they make sure to shutdown all applications (and verify that they are
completely shutdown) before shutting down the Workstations.  While this may
not be the exact situation that you are running into, perhaps the
information will help.