Problems with Samba-TNG PDC and W2k

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Fri Jun 30 12:07:51 GMT 2000

Marcel Hoetter wrote:

> We are planning to replace almost all of out NT-servers with Linux-Samba
> servers, including the PDC.
> Clients will be W2k boxes and i want them to load their profiles and run
> their login scripts from the PDC.
> For test reasons i have set up a SambaTNG PDC for the domain TEST, a
> machine account "testpc" and a  user
> "testuser" I got as far as being able to log in and authentificatefrom
> an w2k box and browse the shares on the server.
> But though I did an  ./configure --with-profile  when compiling the

--with-profile options has nothing to do with M$ profiles it means
activate profiling on samba code and wont work in TNG (cause it make no
sense yet to profile unstable code for speed).

> source and an chmod 1777 on the profile
> directory, w2k gives me an error message telling me something like "no
> permission to access the profile in
> directory //SAMBAPDC/profile/username". Another problem is that the
> (simpe) login script is not executed
> and no drives are mapped. I wrote the script it in vi  and added ^M to
> every line and i tried to write it in W2k and to
> copy it in the right server directory. Nothing worked. I changed from
> the samba-TNG-alpha-2.5.3 source to
> the newest one via cvs, but the problems remained. I have already spend
> a lot of time to find out what is wrong and
> i would be glad for any help!

The currently "GOOD" version is samba-TNG-alpha-2.5 (.1,.2,.3 have many
problems)

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451