Joining a domain

Alfredo Ramos ralf at is.rice.edu
Wed Jun 28 21:32:54 GMT 2000

Help please!!!

I have SAMBA_TNG_2.5_GOOD running on Solaris 2.6.

The problem is: I can't make an NT workstation join the domain for the
life of me. I keep getting the message "Check your computer account on the
domain". And on the log for the Workstation I get the following:

LSA_OPENSECRET: unknown error
SMB LM/NT Password did not match!
Rejecting user 'ralf': authentication failed
authorise_login: TODO. split function, it's 6 levels!
msrpc_receive: failed
domain_client_validate: unable to validate 			password
for user TOSHIBA$ in domain SAMBATNG to 			Domain
controller \\..

Now, ralf is an administrator on the NT workstation. And even if I create
an account for administrator, the same thing happens:

LSA_OPENSECRET: unknown error
SMB LM/NT Password did not match!
Rejecting user 'administrator': authentication failed
authorise_login: TODO. split function, it's 6 levels!
msrpc_receive: failed
domain_client_validate: unable to validate 			password
for user AGAMEMNON$ in domain SAMBATNG to 			Domain
controller \\..

Authentication seems to have changed on TNG. Samba 2.0.7 and prior didn't
seem to mind who was the user at the NT workstation when joining the
domain, as long as it was an administrator.

Please!!! What is the process of authentication when an NT workstation
tries to join a domain? I've gone through the process of creating unix and
samba accounts with both useradd and rpcclient respectively. Why can't the
workstations join the domain?

Please help!!!

Al.

                                           | Alfredo Ramos
This space available for rent.             | New Media & Student Computing
Get your product moving. Advertise here!   | Rice University.