two way trust between samba tng pdc and nt pdc

kill -9 kill-9 at warbeast.com
Tue Jun 27 15:07:02 GMT 2000

I have been able to create a trust relationship between my tng samba pdc
box and my nt pdc box, with samba as the trusted and nt as the trusting.
I did this by creating a machine account in samba using the -i option,
with the name of the trusting domain, and a machine account in samba with
the name of the nt pdc machine. I then used user manager for domains on
the nt pdc to create the trust using the password I gave to the trust
account on the samba pdc. This seems to have worked. Now I want to go the
other way, and I'm a little lost. I have 'permitted the samba pdc to
trust' on the nt pdc, and from what I've gleaned, this should create an
inter-domain-trust account on the nt pdc with a machine name equal to
my samba pdc domain. This is where I get stuck. How do I actually create
the trust on the samba pdc? What is the significance of the 'trusted
domains' and 'trusting domains' values in smb.conf? I noticed when I moved
to CVS 2.5 GOOD that if I included the 'trusted domains' lines that most
of the daemons would not start properly. It's okay to include the
'trusting domain' line however. Thanks for ANY help or info.

Alex West
A&M Communications - Tech Guru
BioControl Technology Inc., MIS Administrator
kill-9 at warbeast.com | kill-9 at ipost.net
Visit Third Eye Digital Productions - http://www.indiana-emall.com/thirdeye
Check out my band and FREE music at ***  www.mp3.com/snowpants  ***