Samba 2.0.7 as pdc and about 40 clients Win95/98 ? 2nd request

Klaus Zieger k.zieger at odn.de
Mon Jun 26 13:24:04 GMT 2000

Has anybody experience with Samba (2.0.7.) set up on a fast server (2 CPU's and 512 MB RAM, 100Mbit/s network) as primary domain controller for Win9x clients. Is the performance still acceptable if there are about 45 clients (45 PC's and a maximum of 90 users, on the average there are about 30 logons but there frequent logoffs and logons simultaneously) ?
I would be most grateful if anybody could send me an example of his smb.conf file.
So far I have managed successfully to build up a small network with 3 clients (1 Samba PDC, 3 Win9x clients) and it works just fine. I'm battlehardenend as far as WIN NT4.0 is concerned and can take quite some frustration - as you can probably imagine !!
A Linux-Newcomer
Klaus Zieger / Nuremberg in Germany
k.zieger at odn.de