nt and samba

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Thu Jun 22 23:25:48 GMT 2000

At 10:25 PM 22/06/2000 +1000, Becker, Andrew wrote:
>Is there any way to sync my samba users and passwords with the NT domain
>passwords so that I do not have to hand create new users to access samba?

Really not enough info. Are you using a NT Domain controller or a Samba DC
? Which flavour or Unix ?

Possibly what you want is to do all your authentication from one passwd
database on the domain controller. Have a look into pam_smb
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied/pam_smb/ if you are using linux or sun.

David

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au