PDC peering?

Erik Parker eparker at mindsec.com
Thu Jun 22 16:05:29 GMT 2000

Greetings,

First off, I am not an NT person at all. I depise it and refuse to use
it. However my company on the other hand does not.

We have a dozen samba boxes in the USA that auth off of US-PDC. The US-PDC
has a "trusted peering" relationship with the UK-PDC. However when the
machines ask the US-PDC for a password of a user who is setup on the
UK-PDC, the auth fails.

The NT peeps assure me that their peering crap is setup fine. So my
question is has anyone else seen this? How did you fix it?

Also, can Samba have a 'if fails on this PDC.. try this other PDC?' type
of setup?

Erik Parker
eparker at mindsec.com