Fwd: Benchmark suite for Linux/Samba?!

Matthias Krawen admin at hans-bredow-institut.de
Thu Jun 22 09:32:03 GMT 2000

Hi !

>a little question from one of my colleagues:
>
> > does one of you know a goot benchmark suite for linux?
> >

> > We need tests regarding systemperformance of a samba server.
> > The customer would like to see results of the musbus/kenbus test. Both
>are
> > not available under linux, atleast I was not able to find them.

Don't know it this is what you need;

http://www1.zdnet.com/zdbop/netbench/netbench.html

It's a benchmark for fileservers which is used by at leased several german
"pc-pro-magazines". It's for Windows. Several Clients are simulating
"officelike"-access to a fileserver. So you can compare several servers,
and if you have access to, your server to tested servers eg at
http://www.zdnet.de

It's freeware.

MfG
  Matthias