NT & Samba

Ben Meyer Ben_Meyer at pfm.org
Wed Jun 21 15:15:43 GMT 2000

Note: If this is the wrong place to send the message, please let me know
where it should go. Thank you.

I am having a problem with NT & Samba. After logging off of Samba and
disconnecting from the NT Domain, I loose the ability to join the domain
again. I am getting the following error messages:

cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
cli_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC credentials to machine
mydomain_pdc. Error was : NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
2000/06/21 10:03:29 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password for domain mydomain.
Unable to join domain mydomain.

The samba server has been entered as a NT Workstation or Server on the NT
PDC, and has worked on the network before. I'm just getting frustrated
because it joins, and then later (after having signed off) it won't join the
domain.

Ben