Problems with NT Profiles and timestamps with 2.0.6

Jonathan Graham grahamj at virtue.cx
Mon Jun 19 17:28:32 GMT 2000

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, David Stanaway wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I am having some problems with roaming profiles being kept on my 2.0.6
> samba server.
>
> When users login, always it appears to be treated as the first time they
> have logged in (However, their desktop and start menu are preserved).
> (IE,  The Welcome to Windows crap screen (With no Do not show this again
> checkbox .. the stupid thing wants you to see it at least twice on
> any new system)).

What happens in the directories?

For example when someone logs out are the modify times of the user
directories being changed?

Do these directories show up as being owned by the user?

What are the privledges on the parent directory? \\Plug\ in this case.

Currently I have the following set:

>         logon drive = U:
>         logon path = "\\TRUTH\profile\%U"

This works however I have the parent directory /opt/samba-2.0/profile
chmod'ed to 1777.

Hope this helps.