Problems with NT Profiles and timestamps with 2.0.6

David Stanaway dstanawa at netventures.com.au
Mon Jun 19 16:37:18 GMT 2000

Hi all.

I am having some problems with roaming profiles being kept on my 2.0.6
samba server.

When users login, always it appears to be treated as the first time they
have logged in (However, their desktop and start menu are preserved).
(IE,  The Welcome to Windows crap screen (With no Do not show this again
checkbox .. the stupid thing wants you to see it at least twice on
any new system)).

A seperate (But possibly related) issue is that files copied from NT to a
share on the 2.0.6 server loose their creation stamp (Which is not very
good for doc management in the users profile). Is this version of samba
supposed to preserve creation stamps? I have tried:
        dos filetimes = True
and a few other things that don't seem to do
the job. Does this work in TNG_2.5.2 alpha, or in HEAD?

Here is the partial config.

[global]
        workgroup = NETALLEN
        security = User
        domain logons = True
        dos filetimes = True
        logon drive = U:
        logon home = "\\plug\%U"
        logon path = "\\plug\%U\profile"
        logon script = "LOGON.BAT"
[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/winlogon
        read only = Yes
        browseable = No
[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        create mask = 0700
        directory mask = 0700
        browseable = No

Here is the LOGON.BAT [DOS FORMAT]
NET TIME \\DANTE /SET /YES
NET USE U: /HOME
NET USE R: \\PLUG\RichStuff
NET USE G: \\PLUG\Floppy

(NB, PLUG is the logon server, BUZZ is the NT4.0-sp6 wkstn
and DANTE is another 2.0.6 Samba server with a good clock and ntp4 client)

--
Best Regards
David Stanaway