Compile problems for samba-tng...

Elrond elrond at samba.org
Mon Jun 19 12:09:58 GMT 2000

On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 09:04:12PM +1000, Michael Glauche wrote:

> > > Compiling lib/domain_namemap.c
> > > lib/domain_namemap.c:179: conflicting types for `map_wk_name_to_sid'
> > > include/proto.h:377: previous declaration of `map_wk_name_to_sid'
> > > *** Error code 1
> > > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `lib/domain_namemap.o'

Okay... I didn't notice this for a while, because I disable
dependency-tracking most of the time (and it was even
removed in HEAD...)

Yesterday I noticed that at home... and now checked my
samba-ntdom-folder for a long time...

This should now be fixed.

> > I had this same problem with the checked out cvs for SAMBA_TNG, there
> > were conflicting prototypes for that function being used in
> > lib/domain_namemap.c  and I think smd.c.

You also have probs with sma.c?
Problems with inline?
Please use gcc or remove any occurence of "inline" in
sma.c, until I have the configure-time-checks in

> > I also had problems compiling: SAMBA_TNG_2_5_GOOD when I specified
> > the --with-profile   configure option.
> >

> --profile is broken IIRC, but that's not so important .. ;)

Don't know anything about --with-profile

> (better make it stable first, before do any speed profiling .. ;)

Precisely... trying that sometimes of my limited time...

Sander: BTW: Why didn't your compile-check-tool send any
        mail?

    Elrond