Problem with sharing printer with samba2.0.0.7

Mike Kobzeff validex at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 18 17:21:59 GMT 2000

Giovanni,

I'm not sure if it's a typo, or if you actually pasted your smb.conf file,
but you had the following:

    pubblic = yes

That should obviously say "public = yes"

Also, the spooling folder of your printer (in this case /var/spool/lpd/lp)
should be world writeable (when I'm lazy I just do a 'chmod +777') so that
the users can actually put their print jobs there to be spooled.

Hope this helps!

Mike Kobzeff
validex at earthlink.net