Using Samba as PDC

Andre_Naehring at hks-net.de Andre_Naehring at hks-net.de
Sat Jun 17 08:39:50 GMT 2000

Hello!

I´m looking for a good introduction how to use samba as a PDC. With my
configuration I´ve got some little problems (Domainlogons are not working)
an in my opinion I followed the instructions I found on the Website. For
example, when I connect with the NT Servermanager to "Church" (which is my
server) I can see that there is a share \\church\IPC$ which is shared on
/tmp. Another problem is, that samba will not create a SID for my domain (I
think it must be MYSTERYLAND.SID), it always creates MACHINE.SID. THe used
version of samba in this case is 2.0.7.

Does anyone have some usefull tips?

Another question:
     I am using Slackware 7.0, Kernel 2.2.16 on an abit with two celeron
433MHz processors and I´ve downloaded the CVS-source yesterday. I was not
able      to compile it (smbd was not succesful).
     Does anyone use the same configuration of software?

Thank you.