compiling error

Michael C. Ferguson mcf at augustmail.com
Fri Jun 16 17:46:15 GMT 2000

>       Compiling lib/domain_namemap.c
>       lib/domain_namemap.c:179: conflicting types for `map_wk_name_to_sid'
>       include/proto.h:377: previous declaration of `map_wk_name_to_sid'
>       make: *** [lib/domain_namemap.o] Error 1

I got the same error, using "./configure --with-profiles --with-pam \
--with-smbmount --with-krb5=/usr/kerberos --with-ssl \
--with-sslinc=/usr/local/include/openssl". I'm running RH6.2, Linux 2.2.16,
and OpenSSL 0.9.5a. My C++ is very rusty, but it seems like namespaces might
be a better option than declared static functions ?

I have a few other newbish unrelated questions... If I compile with Kerberos
5, will 98 clients authenticate using it? Same with SSL, will sockets be
encrypted if I compile with SSL support? This is my first time to really
mess with both these options; I'm completely clueless as to what they
accomplish. The current build I'm using (cvs on 6/14) was compiled with krb5
and works well.

Thanks,

Michael C. Ferguson
mcf at augustmail.com