Samba and DNS

Panagiotis Malakoudis pmal at space.gr
Fri Jun 16 06:30:44 GMT 2000

Dear all,

Here is my problem. I have a slackbox running samba 2.0.6 that uses an NT
wins server. I also have a DNS on linux.
Whenever my dns failes (for some reason) hosts that have no entry on the DNS
server but are indeed found on the wins cannot connect to the samba server.
They get "The network is busy" and the smb log files give me "broken pipe".
As soon as the DNS is back on line...all is well. I've read the O'Reillys
book on name resolution but came up with nothing. Any ideas?

Thanx