No subject

Jennie R. McLaughlin mclaughj at aurora.sunyocc.edu
Thu Jun 15 19:48:12 GMT 2000

I am running Red Hat Linux 6.0.  I installed pam_smb and smb
2.0.7.  Everything seems to be going well except on the pam_smb site there
says there us a bug when you telnet from a  host whose IP address is not
resolvable to a hostname.  It causes login to crash.  We are having this
problem exactly.

It suggested to download the SRPMS for util-linux-2.9.o-13, which I did.
Goes fine untill I run patch -p0<login.c.diff.  I get the following error:

[root at aurora login-utils]# patch -p0 < login.c.diff
patching file `login.c'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 354.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to login.c.rej
[root at aurora login-utils]#

Attached is a copy of the rejects.  Do you know why I am having this
problem, or could you point me in a direction to try to find a solution?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jennie

Systems Administrator