Hooking up

David Hawke dvh at gtech.co.nz
Wed Jun 14 20:02:13 GMT 2000

The "file exists" error SEEMS to be NT host specific - ie, one of my systems
does it to whichever samba host it is connected to.

The message is in fact something like
"Cannot copy showact2(1): The file exists"
The important bit is the (1) - ie, it seems that it is making the copy with
a temporary name

The same host occasionally has problems bulk copying across its own drives -
it often brings up the "file exists, overwrite" style of message when the
file didn't exist on the target initially.

It seems to me that NT is getting out of sync in terms of the copy process.

FYI, the same samba hosts are accessed with no problems from other NT hosts

David H

PS - it particularly shows up with downloads from the net

David Hawke                                         Ph: 0-9-624 2242
mailto:dvh at paradise.net.nz (Home)                   Fax: 0-9-624 2236
mailto:dvh at gtech.co.nz (Work)                       Mob: 0-21-995 773