Hooking up

Mike Westkamper mjwestkamper at weiinc.com
Wed Jun 14 16:14:53 GMT 2000

As long-time lurker here with a couple of successful installs I thought
this one would be a breeze. No so.
I have the RedHat 6.1 distribution set up on an Intel box. SAMBA 2.0.6
is configured as a member of an NT domain. The PDC is a NT 4.0(sp5) box.
I followed the HOWTO on SAMBA.org web site for setting up SAMBA as a
member. From the Linux system it reports that it joined the domain. From
command line on an NT system I can NET USE the share (NET USE K:
\\192.168.1.100\public) and read access the files in the share.

Three problems...

1.    The PDC server manager reports "Network path not found" when I
attempt to look at the Linux/SAMBA Server.
2.    The Linux/SAMBA box does not appear on browse (Network) desktop
folders on any NT boxes
3.    I cannot seem to write onto the shared drive.

Any ideas will be appreciated...

Mike Westkamper