PDC & 2.0.7 ...

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Jun 12 23:13:55 GMT 2000

Woops, comes from looking at two messages at the same time. The answer I
just posted assumes (never assume...) that the origional question asker is
using a PAM capable system, ie Linux or Solaris (and possibly HP, is that
right ??).

Seeing a couple of posts recently from people a bit sensitive about that
sort of assumption, I thought I better be careful.

At 10:07 PM 09/06/2000 +1000, C.Lee Taylor wrote:

>    Is it possible for me to get my 2.0.7 Samba server to auth for all my
>systems like a PDC or am ....

Yep, 2.0.7 will do that fine. I use pam_smb to authenticate a number of
different services on a number of different servers, all refering back to a
samba based PDC password list (/usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd).

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au