Wins Server...

Marcin Jakubowski Marcin_Jakubowski at internetia.pl
Sat Jun 10 11:54:48 GMT 2000

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Matthew Geddes wrote:

> Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 20:42:00 +1000
> From: Matthew Geddes <mgeddes at mail.xavier.sa.edu.au>
> To: Multiple recipients of list SAMBA-NTDOM <samba-ntdom at samba.org>
> Subject: Re: Wins Server...
>
> Quoting isyn at isi.wat.waw.pl:
>
> > I have one short question.
> > If I have Samba (192.168.4.254) configured to use
> external wins server.
> > And my Windows 98 clients are configured to use
> 192.168.4.254 as a Wins
> > Server. Does my Samba forward packets to external WINS
> server?
>
> I believe that:
>
> wins support = yes
> and
> wins server = x.x.x.x

    I have the same problem two samba servers with wins share their names, but
in ther third network i have real TN and this NT can't see my wins server and I
can't see shares on NT. I can use Lmhost but it works onyl forl samba domains
not for NT.

    Any ideas what is wrong ?

--
Marcin Jakubowski, InterNetia Telekom                   .''`.
mailto:jakubowski at szczecin.top.pl                      : :' :