Update Rebooting from Netlogon Script

Cliff Green green at UMDNJ.EDU
Fri Jun 9 14:19:59 GMT 2000

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Chris Tooley wrote:

CT> I was just wanting to pass on the knowledge I gained from this
CT> experience.
CT>
CT> 1)  Rebooting Windows 9x is a terrible pain in the butt, but it can be
CT> done.
[munch]
CT> rundll32.exe shell32,SHExitWindowsEx X
[munch]
CT> I wish there was a better place to document something like this as it's
CT> obvious that Microsoft isn't offering it up very readily.

Well, it's not laid out like a rug, but you could check
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/sysmgmt/shutdown_3ago.htm for some
info on ExitWindowsEx, or
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/portals/win32start_1n6t.htm for
info on the Win32 API.

Clifford Green               Internet -  green at umdnj.edu
Academic Computing Services                    UMDNJ-IST
If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.