rpc error

Olivier Wegria olivier.wegria at novactiongroup.com
Thu Jun 8 18:12:01 GMT 2000

Hi ,

	I am using samba 2.0.6 on a redhat 6.2 i386 linux.

	Everything works fine except that when I do a samba restart, I get a
rpc error in the windows (nt4 & 2000) explorer when I dbl click on my samba
server. But if I map a shared drive by typing all the path \\server\share it
works.

	It is probably because when I restart samba, the open links between
windows and samba are broken. Is that normal and what can I do to avoid
this? Can I ask windows to refresh its information?

	When you add a new share in the smb.conf, is "restarting samba" the
only way to get the new share to work?

	thanks for any help

	Olivier