Slightly OT: Samba nsswitch integration?

Sam Couter sam at topic.com.au
Thu Jun 8 17:47:28 GMT 2000

Matthew Keller <kellermg at potsdam.edu> wrote:

> 	I was wondering if anyone had anything to say regarding the
> availability of a Samba library that hooks into nsswitch, effectively
> removing the annoying/mundane chore of maintaining a passwd entry for
> all of the users. Tridge discussed this @ LinuxWorld, and I know *I*
> drooled over it. :)

There's something floating around called "winbind", which is meant to be a
plugin for the nsswitch library.

A search for "winbind samba" on google turned up some interesting stuff, but
no downloads or code that I could see. :(
--
Sam Couter          |   Internet Engineer   |   http://www.topic.com.au/
sam at topic.com.au    |   tSA Consulting      |