samba as wins server

Mauro Incrocci mauro at junction.net
Thu Jun 8 17:16:52 GMT 2000

I'm using pointopoint tunneling to link two network segments running behind
firewalls.  The connection between 10.1.1 and 10.1.2 is working and I can
access machines on the 10.1.2 network from 10.1.1  The problem is that I
cannot view the workstations in network neighbourhood although I can get to
them via \\domain\machine1  I'm running RedHat 6.2 and samba 2.0.7.  Below
is my smb.conf file contents:

#======================= Global Settings
=====================================
[global]

workgroup = workgroup

server string = WINS Server

hosts allow = 10.1.1. 10.1.2. 127.

printcap name = /etc/printcap

load printers = yes

log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m

max log size = 50

security = user

encrypt passwords = yes

smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd

username map = /etc/smbusers

interfaces = 10.1.1.1/24 10.1.2.1/24

local master = yes

os level = 33

domain master = yes

preferred master = yes

domain logons = yes

name resolve order = wins lmhosts hosts bcast

wins support = true

dns proxy = no

==============================
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes

[public]