2.0.7 PDC Woes

James W. Beauchamp jbeauchamp at gesinc.com
Wed Jun 7 15:14:04 GMT 2000

Chris:
Send me your smb.conf and I'll take a look at it.  make sure you have
created valid usernames and passwords in /etc/passwd for all your users.
You also have to create machine trust accounts for each of your users in
/etc/passwd.  Then when you are done, you need to run the shell script
mksmbpasswd.sh and have it all copied to /etc/smbpasswd (or wherever you are
storing it).  Otherwise you can add each user by hand:

smbpasswd -a user1 (creates user specific password)
smbpasswd -a -m user1 (creates machine account for user1 with initial
password of user1$)

Hope this helps

James